This is a most delicious way to have potatoes. I’m not sure how authentically Greek they are, but mmmm they sure are tasty.
|450g||potatoes, peeled & cut into 4cm (1½ inch) chunks||1 pound|
|2½ tablespoons||olive oil||2½ tablespoons|
|½ teaspoon||dried oregano||½ teaspoon|
|¼ teaspoon||salt||¼ teaspoon|
|freshly ground black pepper|
|2||garlic cloves, minced or crushed||2|
|½ cup||vegetable stock||½ cup|
|juice of one lemon|
|1 tablespoon||chopped fresh oregano (optional)||1 tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 200C (400F).
2. Place potatoes in a roasting tin and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with dried oregano, salt and pepper to taste. Toss well to coat with oil and arrange potatoes in a single layer.
3. Bake the potatoes for 10 minutes. Toss potatoes with garlic and bake an additional five minutes.
4. Add vegetable stock and cover tin with aluminium foil. Return to oven and cook for 10 minutes. Add lemon juice and cook 10 to 15 minutes longer, or until potatoes are tender and liquid is absorbed.
5. Sprinkle with fresh oregano (if using) and serve at once.
Makes two servings.